another dozen bites the dust....

So I decided to make Death By Chocolate for our Youth Sunday Luncheon at church tomorrow. I had the brilliant idea to make them individual servings. I started by making the brownies. After they cooled for an hour or so, I crumbled them up and lined the bottom of my cupcake papers. (You can use this recipe by putting it in a regular sized bowl with a lid. You'll have to repeat the layering once)

 Next, I put a layer of chocolate pudding. I always want make them into dirt cups at this point on the sole point of I love gummy worms/bears.

 Then I added a layer of cool whip.

 I then top this with broken pieces of Heath or Skor bars. Any form of chocolate covered toffee with work. (if you're making this in a regular bowl, this is the point that you will repeat the brownie, pudding cool whip, candy layers)
At this point I had to stop and give my 18 month old little boy a bath. See picture below. Here's the story. He was "helping" me eat the leftover brownie pieces and he lost his balance on the chair and took a tumble. He's fine. No broken bones or cuts and bruises. He did end up covered in pudding and whipped cream. And crying, a lot. I think mostly from the mess, not the fall, but it's still debatable.
 This is what my floor looked like after the tumble off the chair. No salvaging here.
Now tell me, would this face do something like that on purpose? I think not!
Oh yes, I forgot to give you all the recipe! You will need:
1 box of brownie mix and ingredients called for on box
2 boxes of jello instant chocolate pudding. Get instant. Just trust me on this.
1 tub of cool whip
6-8 heath or skor bars, crushed up.

Prepare brownies according to box. Let cool for at least an hour before you even attempt to crumble them for the layers.
Prepare pudding according to boxes.
Once brownies are cool and crumbled, and pudding is set, use half of the brownies for the bottom layer. (in a regular sized plastic bowl with lid, mind you!) Spoon half of pudding and spread evenly on layer of brownies. (I tend to like less pudding, so I always have a ton left over that sits in my fridge for a few days before I chunk it)
Next layer half of the cool whip on top of pudding layer. Then again, use half of your candy bars on top of that. I find that keep my candy bars in the freezer make them easier to break apart with a hammer, spoon, knife, anything you happen to have lying around that you can beat them with!  Repeat these layers with remaining ingredients. Tada, easy chocolate-y recipe. Okay NOW I'm done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap

#sorrynotsorry