And judgement...

Last night, someone on my Facebook newsfeed posted some big news. 

This news is a cause for celebration and excitement, but it saddened me that the post started out something like, "well family and friends, we are expecting a baby and if you don't like that, unfriend us." Granted this wasn't verbatim, but you get the picture.

Yes, I understand the viewpoint of saving your virginity for the person you are going to marry and spend the rest of your life with. I respect that and I want my children to do that. I'm going to teach my children that sex is a very special act and it shouldn't be done with just anyone because you want to, but it should be saved for the person who is most special to you. Will they listen? Who knows? 

Anyway, back to what I was trying to say. I feel in these situations that it is completely unfair to sit back and judge someone for what you deem a mistake in their lives. Follow me here and let this next sentence blow your mind.

Mistakes happen and everyone has to learn from them! 

You cannot coddle people all your life. 

Back to judging. The bible says to love and treat others how you want to be treated AND there is a specific passage about removing the big ole log in your eye before trying to take a speck out of someone else's. 

Seriously, think about that. What sin have you committed in your life that is hanging around like a big ole log when you see a tiny speck of a sin someone else commits? 
Would you want someone to come along and judge you for the sin you committed? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap

#sorrynotsorry