1/15/15

Today was honestly one of my better days in the aftermath that is loss and grief. You may get tired of me repeating how I feel or about my loss, but something as big as that is a defining moment in one's life and it can't be put away as easily as one may think. 

Yes I have great days where I'm ultimately happy and I have not so great days where I'm unmotivated to do much of anything. On these days, I rest a lot. I stay home. I don't socialize with copious amounts of people, only those absolutely necessary or ones that I want to talk with. 

Like I said, today was one of the better days. Danny had duty yesterday so sammy and I got to snuggle in bed all night long and we both woke up well rested and refreshed this morning. Sammy went to school and I had a day date with my friend Amanda. 

We took off to hancock fabrics because naturally if I'm making a dress every month, I'm going to make holiday specifics ones sometimes. I've been yearning to make a Valentine's based dress for two years now, but I've always put it off in favor of something different. I'm putting it off no longer!!!! 

I'm excited to make next month's dress and I haven't even started on THIS month's! Don't worry though. I have everything ready for cutting that one, just have to do it. I have 15 days left. :) 

In addition to having a great time out with Amanda, I spoke with the social worker and she sent me information on local bereavement support groups that meet once a month. I'm probably going to check it out next month because they meet every third Thursday from 6-8 and wouldn't ya know, danny didn't get home until 8. Imagine that. (Honestly, I'm not surprised because that's just how the corps works sometimes. Some days he comes home at noon, others 8 or 9. We deal.)

And now it's time to read a bit to relax my brain for bed. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recap

#sorrynotsorry