The last one...

This post is bittersweet. This afternoon, I mailed out what will be the last care package for this deployment. From here on in I'll be trekking towards homecoming without being able to send or receive mail from Danny. It's a bit exciting and nerve wracking all at once! Making up care packages are so exciting for me! I enjoy going to the store and buying snacks that hubby has asked for and finding snacks that I know he'll say " oh wow, I can't believe she sent those!" I like to imagine how excited he'll be not only to get mail, but also how excited he is that I put so much effort into them. Heck, I knew this would be the last one I could make for him, so I loaded it up. I must say that there is a lot of excitement and sorrow in my mind right now. Well sorrow isn't the right word, but bear with me. I know that now that there is a mail cut off date, we'll have a homecoming date soon. It's so hard to not know yet when he'll be home. It can't be long though.

HERE IS WHERE YOU STOP READING DANNY SWAN II! I want you to be surprised!



This was my biggest care package to him yet, weighing in at 26 pounds! It only cost twenty to ship it too. I included, for those of you curious about what in the world made it weigh so much: three different kinds of chips, cookies, rice crispy treats, fruit by the foot, mountain dew, cereal, star crunch, banana twins, fudge rounds, chicken in a biscuit crackers, slim jims, ramen noodles, Hawaiian punch drink mixes, sunflower seeds, some cans of chicken meat, veinna sausages, cans of steak and potato soup, pop tarts. Yea I think that just about covers it. Oh and I had it all taped up, ready to go to the post office and I realized I forgot to include the body wash my dear hubby asked for soooo I had to untape it and squeeze it in there. Luckily, you can't tell that I had to do that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap

#sorrynotsorry