Anxious.

I cannot explain to you how it feels to be the spouse that gets left behind during a deployment. I know I've covered this already. All the emotions fighting to get out of you. Fear, relief, sadness, happiness. I've faced all of these during the past 6 months. As our deployment comes to it's end, and we still don't have any dates for a return, I feel like I'm stuck in quick sand. It's going just fast enough for you to know that something is going to happen to you, but not fast enough for your agony to be over with already.

I don't know how we'll readjust to being together again. I know it will be trying. We've both been doing our own things this deployment. Me taking care of the household, him doing his job. He's worked some pretty crazy hours and I've taken to keeping the house maintained. Things I didn't have to worry about before he left became my priority.

I know we'll really need everyone's prayers for not only maintaining our sanity in the time we have left before our reunion, but for an easy transition back to a family.

I know we'll need time.

And I apologize in advance if I'm less likely to answer my phone in the next coming weeks. I'm trying to get in my "single" fun, like going to the beach EVERY day for a week straight, or being able to go grocery shopping in the middle of the work day because I'm tired of being in the house. I'm trying to get my house in order so it doesn't look like a disaster zone. I'm trying to spend as much time with our son before Danny gets home and is Sammy's new best friend. I'm pretty sure that won't happen immediately, but I know it's coming. And that makes me both sad and overjoyed.
A mom just doesn't play like a dad would. I'm not interested in being dirty all the time or spending a ton of hours out in the back yard digging holes or building a fort.
Well, it's almost time for church, so I must sign off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap

#sorrynotsorry