these dang hurricanes.

I don't mean the football team. There is a team called the hurricanes right? Any sports buffs or guys reading this, please answer my question.
Okay so as most, if not all, of you know hurricane Irene hit right where I live. It was supposed to hit more east of us, but God and Irene had different plans. Friday was a day full of prepping. My husband's parents came up to help me board up the house and then they "whisked me away" to visit Aunt Ruth and Uncle Ric. It was a busy weekend, but a fun one. We never got any of the hurricane in South Carolina! It was sunny and beautiful the whole time. We came back about six p.m. on Sunday to find no damage whatsoever to my house. A lot of the house around me had at least ten or more shingles missing. We didn't find any of mine on the ground.

Thanks to my husband, Matt, Low and Warner. About this time last year, those guys were busy slaving away in the heat to reroof my house. I didn't like it at first. I was upset that it was taking so long. Now I'm glad my love took care of it then!

And now with this hurricane behind us, I sit and cross of the days on my calendar that I had missed. Well, well. Lookie here. It's August 30th. We have roughly 15%, give or take, left in this deployment. Granted, we still don't have exact dates for a stateside return and we probably won't until it's time. This, on my end. is called OPSEC. Operational Security, for those of you who aren't familiar with military lingo. On the flip side, for Danny, it's called "we really don't know anything until they tell us go." I can't tell you much about dates, even when I find them out. Trust me, I'll want to get on my roof and shout as loud as I can when I find out. I'd rather keep my Marine safe and sound on his way back to me. I mean really, he's been safe this whole deployment. I'd never forgive myself if something happened because I couldn't keep OPSEC. In any case, I have so much to do in this last stretch of time before he comes home. Guess I better get started on losing that ten to fifteen pounds I set out to lose from the very beginning! (=

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap

#sorrynotsorry