I was made for this.

Today began out pretty decently, but it has recently gotten better. As many of you may or may not know, being in the Marines has always been Danny's dream job. Well he landed it in 2008. His four years of service is up in January but he wants to continue on with this as his career. At the beginning of June or July, he began working on his re-enlistment package. A few snags came up that he couldn't take care of being over in the middle east. That's where I, Super Wife, come in the picture. In a span of a week, I went to the courthouse twice for paper copies of a traffic ticket and proof that it's been taken care of, bugged my pastor twice about scanning and emailing said papers, and worried and prayed A LOT! We didn't expect to hear anything back until the end of August or September at the earliest. For me personally, it's been a rough battle trying to keep the negative what ifs out of my mind. I've had to keep telling myself God would put us where He wants us, God will take care of everything, that I shouldn't worry. I've had to pray a lot, and read my bible even more.

It's all taken care of now. I got an email to my phone from Danny telling me to check my yahoo email ASAP. So I hopped on my computer and refreshed the page for at least five minutes before I got a new email from him. That was probably the longest five minutes of my life to be honest. His package got approved and he can re-enlist.
I know some of you might read this and wonder why I'm celebrating about him signing up AGAIN. Some of you might even say that I should ask him to NOT re-enlist. Some of you might think I'm crazy for encouraging him because he'll have to continually miss events like birthdays and anniversaries. I don't care. I love him and I'm positive I was put on this earth to be his wife and to support him in his career. Sure he'll miss anniversaries and birthdays, maybe even Christmas or Valentine's day, but I know he still loves us more than anything else! I'm so proud of my husband and the sacrifices he makes not only for me and Sammy, but for our families and friends, for the people we don't know living down the street or in the next town, for our country. I cannot imagine my life being any different then it is now.
So join me now in celebrating! Oh and if you're a friend of his, send him an email congratulating him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap

#sorrynotsorry