Struggle.

It has been a while since I've posted anything to this blog. It's been months, long grueling months. I feel like we've faced so much since I last blogged. Sammy had to have an oral surgery. Danny's been away so much with his instructor's position. We've had bills come up suddenly that we didn't know where we were going to get the money from. I'm sure you have all faced THAT at some point in your lives. 
Most recently though, Danny has been in the field EVERY week for five days at a time. He'll leave on Monday and we won't see him again until Friday or Saturday. Well, he came home from one of these week long field ops Friday night telling me about this painful spot right around his belly button. I, the woman and therefore OVERREACTOR, freaked out. I kept asking him all weekend if I needed to take him to the er. He was probably pretty glad to go back to work Monday. 
All of the things that have happened to my family recently compound on my nurturing heart. I want to do the best I can for my family at all times. (Probably why I bugged Danny so much about the ER.) Sometimes the best thing I can do for them is to read my bible and stay on my knees in prayer. 

As I couldn't sleep last night, I got up to read up on the word. I decided to read Lamentations because I haven't read it entirely before. Mind you, it's almost one in the morning. I poured over the first three chapters and I have to say I loved it. The book of Lamentations talks about how Jerusalem is facing God's justice at the hands of the Babylonians. Jerusalem wasn't doing what God wanted and needed them to do, so He had to punish them, much like I have to punish Sammy when he makes bad choices! It hurts, but it has to be done. 
Anyway, SEVERAL verses in chapter three really touched my heart. I'll start with verse 19.
19I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. 20I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. 21Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: 22Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23They are new each morning; great is your faithfulness. 24I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." 25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

These verses just reminded me SO much that no matter what happens in my life, whether it's my own disobediance that needs punishment or if life just happens, if I keep my faith, trust and hope in the Lord, He will ALWAYS be there for me. My friends may desert me, but my GOD never will. 
I'll leave you to ponder this.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap

#sorrynotsorry