odd attachments.

Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I've blogged. Yes it has been a week since I've gotten home from Florida and I should have typed up some piece of inspiration already, but Sammy's had a cold. He's been super clingy and as I type this right now, he's sitting in my lap cuddling with me. Anyway, on to the topic for today. I've been thinking a lot recently of security attachments children form. Most are to a stuffed animal or blanket, maybe a pacifier if you're lucky. Sammy never formed any of those attachments, not that I haven't encouraged him. Okay well maybe I DIDN'T encourage him to use a pacifier, but I do offer him Qubert (a toy dino) and his blanket from daddy. Neither are a big hit after a few minutes. INSTEAD, my boy wants him sippy cup all the time, even taking it to bed with him, not full of course, and get this: his belly button? He walks around all the time with his finger in his belly button if he's wearing a shirt and pants. He even sleeps with his finger tucked neatly away in his little belly space! Don't ask me. I don't know. I cannot reason his logic for loving his belly button so much. I just know he does.


Tell me, do any of you out there with kids notice them having strange habits? Or is it just my kid being goofy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap

#sorrynotsorry